The core of our tax practice is providing planning and structuring advice to our transactional and fund clients. We have significant experience in representing clients in the following areas:
- Structuring taxable and tax-free acquisitions and dispositions by public and private companies
- Structuring private equity and venture capital investments
- Advising on the creation of new business and joint venture entities, particularly in partnership, limited liability company or other pass-through form
- Evaluating recapitalization debt exchanges and other balance sheet enhancement transactions for financially challenged companies
- Organizing private equity, venture capital, hedge and other specialized investment funds
- Advising foreign investors/funds on their inbound activities
- Structuring arrangements among the principals of fund sponsors
- Evaluating investments and tax strategies for high net worth individuals
Our tax attorneys are involved from the outset in every transaction that Finn Dixon & Herling undertakes. This approach helps ensure that the optimal structure is selected to serve the client's business objectives and that tax issues are quickly identified and advantageously addressed.
We also provide advice in connection with federal and state taxation of our clients' ongoing activities, and represent our clients' interests in federal and state tax controversies from the audit stage to the appeals and tax court levels.