Finn Dixon & Herling's public finance practice includes debt offerings by the State of Connecticut and its public authorities, and our service as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel. In those capacities:
- The firm serves as co-disclosure counsel* to the State.
- The firm serves as co-bond counsel** to the Capital City Economic Development Authority for its debt issuances. The firm crafted a strong revenue bond structure with State backing that provided the final financial resources for the completion of the State's Convention Center Project in Hartford.
- The firm served as co-counsel** to the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority in its EasyLease/EasyLoan equipment financing program, through which hospitals in the state can arrange financing on a streamlined, cost effective basis.
- The firm has represented investors in analyzing, restructuring and forbearing with respect to municipal bond positions.
- The firm has drafted legislation, and testified before and made presentations to the General Assembly and State Bond Commission, on public finance matters.
*The firm shares these duties with Soeder & Associates LLC and the State's lead disclosure counsel, Day Pitney LLP.
**The firm shares these duties with Soeder & Associates LLC.