Mergers & Acquisitions
Finn Dixon & Herling was the only firm named by Chambers USA 2010 to its top tier, “Band 1”, for Corporate/M&A law firms in Connecticut. We have been in the top tier for eight straight years. We represent a diverse and extensive base of clients in this area, including:
- Buyout and other private equity funds (including venture funds and hedge funds)
- Operating companies, both public and private, in connection with strategic acquisitions and divestitures
- Management teams acquiring divisions being spun out of larger organizations as well as acquisitions of entire companies
- Portfolio companies of private equity funds making strategic acquisitions
- Representation of sellers and purchasers in auction processes
- Representation of acquirors in Section 363 transactions under the Bankruptcy Code
- Representation of U.S. clients in foreign transactions and representation of foreign clients in U.S. transactions
Our M&A team is regularly involved in, among others, mergers, spin-offs, "roll-up" transactions, recapitalizations, leveraged acquisitions, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances.
Our M&A Group works closely with our Tax, Executive Compensation, Benefits, and Employment, Real Estate and Debt Financing groups to advise our M&A clients.
Our knowledge and experience has allowed us to serve clients in a broad spectrum of industries, including:
- Financial services
- Retail and consumer products
- Information technology
- High tech equipment manufacturing
- Health care and life science
- Metals and alloys
- software and hardware
- Media and communications
A number of recent M&A transactions in which our firm has been lead counsel are listed in Recent Transactions.
Our ability to effectively represent a wide variety of sophisticated clients in these areas is based upon many factors, including structuring advice aimed at optimizing the economics of each transaction, excellent client service, effective and efficient due diligence and responsiveness.