- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Securities & Public Companies
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- International Practice
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Fairfield University, B.S., 1998, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu
- Connecticut, 2002
- New York, 2002
Honors and Awards
Recognized as one of the "New Leaders in the Law" in Connecticut (2012). Recipients of the award are under 40 years of age and demonstrate professional achievements that distinguish them from their peers.
Recognized as a Connecticut Super Lawyer Rising Star in Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance, 2010-2012 (view the selection criteria)
2007 Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers, Up and coming Attorney (view the selection criteria)
Jason Boyea’s practice involves representation of clients in a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and international private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, going private transactions and public offerings. Mr. Boyea also advises clients on general corporate and securities laws matters. Below are some representative transactions and matters that Mr. Boyea has recently advised clients on:
Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Investment by several co-investors into a start-up telecom company in India with several milestone closings
- Going private transaction for a public South Korea technology company
- Global restructuring and financing of an electric motor development company
- Preferred stock investment in a restaurant chain in China
- Structuring of a U.S./India Investment Fund
- Investment by two U.S. co-investors in a U.K. micro-lender
Public Companies/Public Offerings
- Divestiture of a global business division by a public life sciences company
- Preferred stock PIPE offering for a public healthcare company
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Leveraged acquisition of an industrial company with manufacturing facilities in Mexico
- Sale of an overseas mobile phone content provider to an Italian public company
- Restructuring and recapitalization of a geothermal exploration company
- General corporate representation of several small and mid-size private companies
Mr. Boyea joined Finn Dixon & Herling initially as a first year summer associate in 2000 and became a partner in 2009.
Associations and Memberships
Connecticut Bar Association
American Bar Association
Business Law Committee on Legal Opinions of the American Bar Association
Member of the Fairfield University Alumni Association Board of Directors
Executive Legal Sponsor of the Connecticut Chapter of The CFO Alliance (2010 and 2011). Please see http://achievenext.com/groups/the-cfo-alliance-connecticut for more information regarding The CFO Alliance.
Mr. Boyea has authored an international private equity article titled "Alpha and Beta Forces Shaping Today's Foreign Private Equity Deals" which is featured in Inside the Minds: Strategies for International Private Equity Transactions, Aspatore Books, 2012. Mr. Boyea is among 5 other leading international transaction lawyers selected to contribute to the publication. Click here to read the chapter.
Private Equity 2011 - Caveat Investor: What To Consider And What To Watch Out For When Investing Additional Capital Into A Portfolio Company. Click here to read article.
Private Equity in 2009 – 9 tips for protecting your investment, your rights and your designated directors, Deal Lawyers, Vol. 3, No. 3, May-June 2009. Click here to read article.
No Easy Way Out? Periodic Reports May be Required for Deregistered Securities, Business Law Today, Volume 13, Number 6
Representative Speaker for United States Private Equity Legal Practice at Global PE Issues-India Focus Conference hosted by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce held on November 30, 2011 at the Hotel Taj President, Mumbai, India.
"Getting Started: Conceiving and Launching a Venture in Today's Economy." Perspectives on Venture Capital Forum presented by the Yale Entrepreneurial Society and the Yale School of Management Entrepreneurship Club. November 2009.